Geotechnical Investigation and Reports
Ashby Consulting Engineering are principally involved in assessing residential sites to ensure that land is stable and suitable to build on.
Since 2011 Ashby Consulting Engineering have been actively involved in geotechnical investigation and report writing for sites within Christchurch. Ashby Consulting Engineering have a great knowledge of the local soils and have built up an extensive database of testing options and results. We have developed a good understanding of liquefaction and have the expertise to ensure clients receive the right information and recommendations for their projects.
Our Geotechnical Reports include all information required for TC1, TC2, TC3 and hill sites.
Our geotechnical investigation site assessment criteria include:
- Wind exposure
- Erosion Zone
- Surface Water Assessment
- Ground Contamination Assessment
- Geology of the area
- Topsoil Depth
- Guidance with respect to retaining walls
- Historical and Cultural Issues, if any
Our site assessment tools include:
- Standard Hand Auger and Penetrometer investigations
- Shear Vein Testing
- Supervision of CPT or Borehole Testing
- Liquefaction Analysis Software “CLiq”
- Ground Stability Analysis using our in house “Galena” analysis software
- Soils Testing (often in association with certified soils laboratories)
- Geotechnical Evaluations
- Earthworks, compaction testing and supervision
From this information Ashby Consulting Engineering provide a comprehensive goetechnical report for submission to your local council to help get consent applications approved promptly.
Need a geotechnical investigation and report? Contact Ashby Consulting Engineering now. Phone us now on 03 383 0514 or send us an email about your geotechnical requirements.